9. Chocolate Chips
We use a few, some, a lot of and how many with COUNTABLE nouns.
- We need a few raisins for the cake.
- There are some biscuits in the cupboard.
- We need a lot of chocolate chips to make biscuits.
- How many cakes are there?
We use a little, some, a lot of and how much with UNCOUNTABLE nouns.
- There is a little oil in the pan.
- We need some strawberry jam.
- There is a lot of flour in the kitchen.
- How much sugar do we need?
Present Simple questions
We use the auxiliary verb DO with I, YOU, WE, THEY:
- What do we need to make a cake?
- What do they need to prepare the salad?
We use the auxiliary verb DOES with HE, SHE, IT:
- What does she need to make delicious soup?
- What does he need to make biscuits?